Saturday, April 28, 2012

Imagawayaki/ Absence

Man, I haven't been here for a while! I've been studying for my finals in school lately, so I haven't been baking. Besides, my parents don't go to the store too often unless something like eggs are out, so they should be going sometime soon.

 Anyways! I'm planning on making a Japanese filled pancake called Imagawayaki. Hopefully this time, I can keep up with myself.

Imagawayaki is a Japanese dessert that is often found in festivals. There's a special type of pan (which I do not have so I will substitute with something else) and is often filled with sweet red bean paste. It can also be filled with other fillings like custard cream, fruit custards and preserves, curry, meat, etc. Imagawayaki is two separate pancakes sandwiched around the filling.
This is an example of Imagawayaki filled with strawberries that I found online. Although, because my family hates strawberries, I'm probably going to use a different type of filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment